Cognitive Science Society Fellows nominations 2020
Open: 16th September – 14th October 2019
The Cognitive Science Society invites nominations for Fellows of the Society. This honor recognizes individuals who have made outstanding contributions to Cognitive Science.
Nominations are due by Monday, October 14, 2019
The criteria for being a Fellow of the Society are as follows:
(1) A Fellow’s research should exhibit sustained excellence.
(2) A Fellow’s research should exhibit sustained impact on the Cognitive Science community.
(3) Ideally, a Fellow’s research should be inter-disciplinary, but disciplinary research having a sustained impact on Cognitive Science is appropriate.
(4) Ideally, a Fellow should be a member of Cognitive Science Society with regular participation in the community via publications, attendance, or mentorship.
Whereas criteria (1) and (2) are required for being a Fellow, criteria (3) and (4) only serve to make a case stronger. Unusually high levels of service are not sufficient for becoming a Fellow. A candidate should be recognized by associates and others for professional integrity, as well as for his or her accomplishments. All other factors being equal, the selection process takes into account diversity of intellectual area, geographical region of the world, and gender.
A list of current Fellows is available here.
To nominate an individual, please submit the following:
- A single-spaced 1- or 2-page description of why the candidate merits selection as a Fellow with respect to the above criteria. The nominating individual(s) should be specific in documenting the sustained excellence and impact of the candidate’s research, including influential papers, citation counts, and other relevant measures.
- A curriculum vitae for the candidate and for all nominating individuals.
- Pointers to one or more web sites or other sources that provide information about the candidate, if available.
Nominations should be submitted via email to the Society at: email@example.com
John R. Anderson
Lawrence W. Barsalou
Gary S. Dell
Daniel C. Dennett
Lila R. Gleitman
Wayne D. Gray
Patrick J. Hayes
Geoffrey E. Hinton
Michael I. Jordan
John J. McCarthy
Douglas L. Medin
Nancy J. Nersessian
Donald A. Norman
Barbara Hall Partee
Mark S. Seidenberg
Richard M. Shiffrin
Edward E. Smith
Kurt Van Lehn
Jeffrey L. Elman
Podium Conference & Association Specialists
#124-4730 University Way NE 104
Seattle, WA 98105